Our partner trekking operator!
Book on this site or book direct
Included in this tour
Lisenced English speaking guide
2 Lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast
Availability, departures and group
This is a privately escorted tour and you will be supplied with your own guide, driver and transportation, there will not be others on this tour and you will not join a group. We can arrange this tour to suit your own schedule and departure date. On occasions we are fully booked so please book early to avoid disappointment and please also book at least 4 days prior to departure so we have sufficient time to process your booking. Please fill in the booking form with you chosen departure date and we will get back to you within 48 hours confirming availability and price. Full booking and payment instructions are stated on the booking form,
For this tour you will ride in the back of a seated and covered pick up truck
Pick up and drop off.
for this tour we will pick you up at your Chiang Mai hotel and drop you off there again after the tour.
To secure your booking we will require a deposit paid online of a maximum 20% (minimum 1000 baht) of the tour cost. For the balance payment this can be paid in Chiang Mai with our tour guide on the first morning of the tour. If you have booked hotels through Curious Gecko we will also include in your deposit payment one nights hotel accommodation charge for each hotel booked.
This is an overnight tour, with one night spent in a Shan village. The accommodation is included in the price of this trip. Sleeping will be basic bus comfortable in a bamboo or wooden constructed building
Breakfast: provided on day 2
Lunch: provided on day 1 and 2
Evening meal: provided on day 1
In line with the requirements of our Tourism Authority of Thailand Licence we will provide accident insurance for all participants up to a maximum value of 100,000 baht to cover medical bills in the event of an accident.
Children above 130 cm tall will be charged as adults
For children 24 months up to 130cm tall there is a 500 baht reduction in price
Please contact us on advice about suitability for children we can customise the itinerary to suit children if necessary
What to wear
• Wear light clothes as biking and trekking in this climate can be hot and sweaty work. Shorts, T shirt and a sun hat are ideal.
• Although day time temperatures are usually hot you will need at least a warm jumper for the evenings and early mornings. In the cold season temperatures can get very cold! Please be prepared and bring warm clothes.
• In the wet season from May to October bring a rain coat and a dry change of clothes. Rain is possible at any time of the year so it will probably best to be safe and pack a lightweight rain coat even in the dry season.
• For footwear a sturdy pair of running shoes should be worn. Some people trek with sandals but they do leave your feet open to be scratched by vegetation and are not recommended also flip flops (thongs) aren't appropriate as they don't provide enough support. You may want to bring a pair or light sandals for comfort ware after the days trekking.
What to bring
• A small rucksack/day sack
• A change of clothes (shorts & t shirt) especially useful in the wet season to change into at the end of the day
• A lightweight rain coat
• Warm jumper/pullover
• Swim wear
• Small towel
• Insect/mosquito spray
• Toilet paper
• Bottle of water (you can purchase further supplies on the way)
• Personal toiletries
• Some money for drinks and hill tribe crafts
• Plastic bags (good for keeping your gear dry in the wet season
There are opportunities to swim at some of the waterfalls we visit, so please bring your swim wear i
Not included in this tour
Privately escorted tour just for yourselves and your group of family or friends.
No of Persons
Price per person
Per person price will depend on your group size as indicated in the pricing table below
• Mae Mae Shan Village / Tree House Village
• Mae Mae Shan Village school
• Drive to start point of cycling portion
• Lunch at waterfall
• Ban Den Temple visit
• Return to Chiang Mai hotel or guesthouse
• 08:00 - Start from your hotel in Chiang Mai
• Proceed to Chiang Dao
• Stop at market to purchase supplies
• Continue drive to Chiang Dao
• Hike to waterfall
• Swim and relax at waterfall
• Trek to Mae Mae Shan Village
Meet your guide and driver team at your hotel in Chiang Mai on the morning of your trip and start the drive out of the city into the hills of the Chiang Dao area. Be prepared for some exertion as this tour has serious trekking in hot and humid conditions. During this first leg of the trek, we will stop at a charming waterfall where we will enjoy lunch and enjoy the waters. After lunch, we will resume hiking as we head up the hills towards Mae Mae Village. Here, you will have time to explore the community or simply kickback at our accommodation for the night, the stunning Tree House Village located at hill side above the thick jungle below. Your evening meal will be prepared in the village and the rest of the evening will be yours to enjoy.
Overnight – We will sleep in the Tree House Village
After your breakfast you will pay visit to the school of this hill tribe village in order to see local kids in the process of learning, and then proceed with the day’s trekking activity for two hours until reaching our pick up point where we will board transportation and drive down the mountain stopping at the biking start point. We will pause here for lunch before embarking on our cycling tour which will bring us through beautiful sceneries along the Ping River including farming communities and tiny villages. Our bike ride will bring us to the Banden Temple which we will also visit. We will ultimately reach the vehicle that will be used to bring you back to Chiang Mai. Note that the school visit is only possible during the school term.
Show Some Love
Chiang Mai Tours
© 2014-2017 Curious Gecko All rights reserved