Show Some Love
Floating House Boats
• Relax, enjoy swimming or kayaking
• Kayak ride to exit National Park
• Stop at Banden Temple
• 3:30PM - Return to Chiang Mai
Not included in this tour
• 08:00 - Pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai
• Drive to district of Mae Tang
• Start cycle tour
• Proceed to houseboat by kayak
• Spend night in houseboat
No of Persons
Price per person
Per person price will depend on your group size as indicated in the pricing table below
Included in this tour
Liscenced English speaking guide
2 Lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast
National Park entrance fees
Privately escorted tour just for yourselves and your group of family or friends.
You will meet your Barking Gecko team at your guest house or hotel in Chiang Mai and begin driving to the remote district of Mae Tang at which point you will be dropped off in order to begin your cycling tour. Under the direction of your tour guide, you will wander along rural paths and small country roads in the fertile and lush planes of the picturesque Ping River where you will appreciate the presence of thriving fruit orchards and rice fields. We will bike ride for approximately 2 hours until reaching Sri Lanna National Park where our cycle trek will finish and have lunch. Following lunch, we will board kayaks and begin a 1.5 hour ride on the calm waters of the lake. We will paddle until reaching our overnight accommodation at houseboats. Once on the houseboats, you may take time to have a swim in the fresh waters of the lake or simply relax. Dinner will be served and enjoyed on board the houseboats.
On floating houseboat.
You will have breakfast on the houseboats and you may take the rest of the morning to enjoy kayaking or have a swim in the serene Sri Lanna National Park lake. We will start the return kayak ride to the lakeshore at 11:30. When arriving, we will take lunch and visit the beautiful Banden Temple. Finally, you will be driven back to Chiang Mai.
Our partner trekking operator!
Book on this site or book direct
Chiang Mai Tours
Availability, departures and group
This is a privately escorted tour and you will be supplied with your own guide, driver and transportation, there will not be others on this tour and you will not join a group. We can arrange this tour to suit your own schedule and departure date. On occasions we are fully booked so please book early to avoid disappointment and please also book at least 4 days prior to departure so we have sufficient time to process your booking. Please fill in the booking form with you chosen departure date and we will get back to you within 48 hours confirming availability and price. Full booking and payment instructions are stated on the booking form,
For this tour you will ride in the back of a seated and covered pick up truck
Pick up and drop off.
for this tour we will pick you up at your Chiang Mai hotel and drop you off there again after the tour.
To secure your booking we will require a deposit paid online of a maximum 20% (minimum 1000 baht) of the tour cost. For the balance payment this can be paid in Chiang Mai with our tour guide on the first morning of the tour. If you have booked hotels through Curious Gecko we will also include in your deposit payment one nights hotel accommodation charge for each hotel booked.
This is an overnight tour, with one night spent on floating house boat in Sri Lanna National Park The accommodation is included in the price of this trip. Sleeping will be basic but comfortable.
Breakfast: provided on day 2
Lunch: provided on day 1 and 2
Evening meal: provided on day 1
In line with the requirements of our Tourism Authority of Thailand Licence we will provide accident insurance for all participants up to a maximum value of 100,000 baht to cover medical bills in the event of an accident.
Children above 130 cm tall will be charged as adults
For children 24 months up to 130cm tall there is a 500 baht reduction in price
Please contact us on advice about suitability for children we can customise the itinerary to suit children if necessary
What to wear
• Wear light clothes as biking and kayaking in this climate can be hot and sweaty work. Shorts, T shirt and a sun hat are ideal.
• Although day time temperatures are usually hot you will need at least a warm jumper for the evenings and early mornings. In the cold season temperatures can get cold! Please be prepared and bring warm clothes.
• In the wet season from May to October bring a rain coat and a dry change of clothes. Rain is possible at any time of the year so it will probably best to be safe and pack a lightweight rain coat even in the dry season.
What to bring
• A small rucksack/day sack
• A change of clothes (shorts & t shirt) especially useful in the wet season to change into at the end of the day
• A lightweight rain coat
• Warm jumper/pullover
• Swim wear
• Small towel
• Insect/mosquito spray
• Toilet paper
• Bottle of water (you can purchase further supplies on the way)
• Personal toiletries
• Some money for drinks and hill tribe crafts
• Plastic bags (good for keeping your gear dry in the wet season
There are opportunities to swim at the lake in Sri Lanna National Park, so please bring your swim wear
© 2014-2016 Curious Gecko All rights reserved