Not included in this tour
Per person price will depend on your group size as indicated in the pricing table below
Included in this tour
Lisenced English speaking guide
No of Persons
Price per person
Privately escorted tour just for yourselves and your group of family or friends.
1. Pick up at your Chiang Mai hotel 08:00
2. Arrive at trek starting point
3. Trek to waterfall
4. Rest period at waterfall
5. Trek to Mae Mae Shan village
7. Visit Mae Mae Village school
8. Transfer to cycle start point
9. Biking on the Mae Ping flood plain
10. Visit Banden Temple
11. Transfer back to you Chiang Mai hotel
Availability, departures and group
This is a privately escorted tour and you will be supplied with your own guide, drivers and transportation, there will not be others on this tour and you will not a join a group. We can arrange this tour to suit your own schedule and departure date. On occasions we are fully booked so please book early to avoid disappointment and please book at least 4 days prior to departurePlease fill in the booking form with you chosen departure dat and we will get back to you within 48 hours confirming availability and price Full booking and payment instructions are stated on the booking form,
For this tour you will be provided with a seated and covered pick up
Normally we can accept children from 7-8 years old onto the normal programmes, however we may need to custom the amount of biking and trekking to suit. If you have any children below the age of 12 please let us know on the booking form and we can custom the itinerary to suit.
Pick up and drop off.
For this tour we will pick you up at your Chiang Mai hotel and drop you off there again after the tour.
To secure your booking we will require a deposit paid online of a maximum 20% (minimum 1000 baht) of the tour cost. For the balance payment this can be paid in Chiang Mai with our tour guide on the first morning of the tour. If you have booked hotels through Curious Gecko we will also include in your deposit payment one nights hotel accommodation charge for each hotel booked.
This is a day tour. No accommodation is included in this tour and we will assume you will make your own accommodation arrangements, before and after the tour. However if you would like Curious Gecko to arrange your accommodation then we are happy to provide you a quote.
Lunch: Lunch will be provided on this tour
In line with the requirements of our Tourism Authority of Thailand Licence we will provide accident insurance for all participants up to a maximum value of 100,000 baht to cover medical bills in the event of an accident.
Children above 130 cm tall will be charged as adults
For children 24 months up to 130cm tall there is a 500 baht reduction in price
there is no charge for infants up to 24 months old.
What to bring on this trek
• A small rucksack/day sack
• A change of clothes (shorts & t shirt) especially useful in the wet season to change into at the end of the day
• A lightweight rain coat
• Warm jumper/pullover
• Swimming suit
• Small towel/sarong
• Insect repellent/mosquito spray
• Toilet paper
• One bottle of water
• Personal toiletries
• Some money for drinks and hill tribe crafts
• Plastic bags (good for keeping your gear dry in the wet season)
What to wear
• Wear light clothes as trekking and biking in Thailand can be hot and sweaty work. Shorts, T shirt and a sun hat are ideal.
• In the rainy season from April to October bring a rain coat and a dry change of clothes. Rain is possible at any time of the year so it will probably be worth packing a lightweight rain coat even in the dry season.
• Although hiking boots aren't a necessity at least a sturdy pair of running shoes should be worn. Some people trek with sandals but they do leave your feet open to be scratched by vegetation and are not recommended also flip flops (thongs) aren't appropriate as they don't provide enough support.
You can take the option to take a dip in the water by the waterfall - best bring some swim wear!
After collection from your Chiang Mai hotel we will make the hour drive north towards our trek starting point in the mountains around Chiang Dao.The mornings trek will be around 3 hours and will take you through thick and pristine forest on route we will stop off at a waterfall for a break and if you choose you can take a plunge into the small pool at the base of the waterfall to cool off from the mornings trek. The trek will continue to Mae Mae Shan village where we will take lunch and pay a vist to the local hill tribe school. Following our lunch time break we will board the transport again for the short drive down the mountain to the flat flood plain of the Ping River, here we will start our biking. The biking will take you through some picturesque rural scenery and follow the route of an irrigation channel which feeds the abundant rice paddies and fruit orchards which can be seen along the route. On completion of the biking we will board the transport again for our last stop of the day which will be Banden Temple.
Chiang Mai Tours
Show Some Love
Our partner trekking operator!
Book on this site or book direct
© 2014-2017 Curious Gecko All rights reserved